Edit context menu

bitsper2nd

Hi, how do I edit the explorer context menu to remove and add options. I want to remove the following:

pack to/pack and email
1631661742879.png

Extract to/ Extract All...
1631661873930.png

I want to add the following to the context menu:
1631662041979.png

My reasons are simple:
  1. the windows explorer can get slow in extracting, copying files.
  2. I have Winrar installed. So I can use that to extract or compress files.
  3. I want get the hash of a file doing extra clicks. Simply press a shortcut to see the values in the properties.
Are some of the things I want doable? If so, how can I accomplish them?

Last edited:

Dec

Administrator
Staff member
I want to remove the following:

pack to/pack and email

Start\TC4Shell\Preferences

Extract to/ Extract All...

The same way. But TC4Shell has no relation to Extract All menu item. It is system menu item.

I want to add the following to the context menu:

My reasons are simple:
  1. the windows explorer can get slow in extracting, copying files.
  2. I have Winrar installed. So I can use that to extract or compress files.
  3. I want get the hash of a file doing extra clicks. Simply press a shortcut to see the values in the properties.
Are some of things I want doable? If so, how can I accomplish them?
Access to Hash tab is already provided by system Properties menu item.
Do you want to just see hash values or you want to create a file with hash values?

bitsper2nd

Access to Hash tab is already provided by system Properties menu item.
Do you want to just see hash values or you want to create a file with hash values?
Thanks for the quick response. I want to add shortcut in the main context menu to see the hash values instead of having to go through properties to enter hash tab for to see the hash values.

Dec

Administrator
Staff member
Hashes are not the main function of the program and there are no plans to add a separate menu item. Perhaps a better solution for you would be to use specialized programs to calculate hashes.

bitsper2nd

Hashes are not the main function of the program and there are no plans to add a separate menu item. Perhaps a better solution for you would be to use specialized programs to calculate hashes.
Noted. How do I access Start\TC4Shell\Preferences? I am using Windows 11. Is it part of the control panel or do I have go to the registry editor?