Py7z is a small plugin for the popular 7-Zip archiver. You can use Py7z with 7-Zip to open PyInstaller archives, which are used to enable distribution of applications by bundling many python code files and other resources into a single executable file.
The Py7z distribution package is an ordinary Zip archive that contains the following three files:
- Py7z.64.dll – the 64-bit version of the plugin
- Py7z.32.dll – the 32-bit version of the plugin
- ReadMe.txt – the user instructions
To install the plugin into the 7-Zip installation folder, you need to create the "Formats" subfolder. After that, copy Py7z.64.dll or Py7z.32.dll (depending on your 7-Zip edition) to that subfolder. If you do that, each time you launch 7-Zip, it will automatically find Py7z and use it when opening PyInstaller archives.
- Plugin version: 1.1
- Distribution package size: 216 KB
- Distribution package release date: 29 Jul 2022