Fix errors in translation?

null

Is there a way to modify an existing translation? TC4ShellTranslate makes me start from zero, instead of loading the already translated strings.
I'm using the German version and I keep finding some issues, like "Bearbeite with %s." in the context menu inside of archives (not sure if that's only a translation bug or not) or weird words like "Packmenü" or using the missleading term "Format für neue Dateien" instead of "Kodierung für neue Dateien" for the encoding dialog or "Kontextmenu" instead of "Kontextmenü" and so on...
(On a sidenote: What's the difference between Edit or Edit with and Open or Open with anyways? In rar files the Edit context menu doesn't even show up and they list the same programs.)

Another thing I noticed just now: Adding files to an archive via context menu opens the add folder dialog, so you can't actually select files with it, only folders.

Attachments

Dec

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to modify an existing translation?
I wrote to the translator about the problem.

What's the difference between Edit or Edit with and Open or Open with anyways?
"Open" commands extract the file and run associated or selected app. "Edit" commands extract the file, run associated or selected app and wait for app finished. If file was changed - TC4Shell will ask you about repacking modified file back into archive.

Simple "Open/Edit" commands run associated app, "Open/Edit with" commands allow you to select the app.

In rar files the Edit context menu doesn't even show up and they list the same programs.
Edit operation is available only when TC4Shell can modify archive. TC4Shell can modify rar files only with using of installed WinRar. If you have no WinRar on your PC - Edit operation for files inside rar archives is not available.

Adding files to an archive via context menu opens the add folder dialog, so you can't actually select files with it, only folders.
Cannot confirm. Could you give me more details?

null

Thank you for the explanation

Cannot confirm. Could you give me more details?
Sure, so I create a new zip archive, say on the Desktop, and double click to open it. Now if I press right click to open the context menu in there and click "Dateien hinzufügen..." (add files...) it opens a window to select a folder and I can't select a text document for example, unless I select the whole parent folder. The window title even says "Ordner suchen" (search folder), so I assume that for some reason the context menu link for adding files opens the same dialog as the context menu link for adding folders.
Drag and drop still works and usually people would probably just right click the files they want to archive and do it there or drag and drop files in an existing archive, but it's some kind of bug still.

leveltrauma

"Packmenü" or using the missleading term "Format für neue Dateien" instead of "Kodierung für neue Dateien" for the encoding dialog or "Kontextmenu" instead of "Kontextmenü" and so on...
Hi can you please send a screen where you get the Dialog which is called "Kontexmenü" couldn't find it in TC
I see I forgot to search for the Packmenu will fix it soon.

About the "Format für neue Dateien" term. Thought about it for a few month but in the translation app it looks like the author means "Zeichensatz" or "Kodierung" can you make another screen for it to get the right context?

I'm not using the encryption for myelf.

Thanks in advance!

null

Hi can you please send a screen where you get the Dialog which is called "Kontexmenü" couldn't find it in TC
I see I forgot to search for the Packmenu will fix it soon.

About the "Format für neue Dateien" term. Thought about it for a few month but in the translation app it looks like the author means "Zeichensatz" or "Kodierung" can you make another screen for it to get the right context?

I'm not using the encryption for myelf.

Thanks in advance!
Sure here are the screenshots

Attachments